Cedar City Tithing Office
- ;Built in Cedar City, Utah 1857
- ;Replicated in 2001
The Cedar City Tithing Office was built by master mason Elias Morris. It was the first stone building in Cedar City. The tithing yard was an important economic and social part of every LDS community. Faithful Latter-day Saints paid ten percent of their income to the Church, most often in produce, livestock, or labor. The farmer might have taken one load of hay in ten to the tithing barn to be stored until it could be sold for cash, exchanged for other products, or allocated by the local bishop to needy residents of the community. Tithing offices also served as commercial general stores.