- Representational Building 1860's
- Replicated in 1981
The construction of a blacksmith shop was always one of the first priorities in a new settlement. Because all the other craftsmen depended upon the tools he made, no one else could work without the blacksmith. In addition, the pioneer blacksmith made and repaired many items needed in the community, from fire pokers and cooking pots to plows, nails, and other hardware for buildings such as hinges, latches, and locks. With playbills and advertisements posted on the walls, the blacksmith's shop also served as a favorite place to catch up on the latest news. The design of this shop is based on a 19th century blacksmith shop in Brigham City.